SmartPulse provides employees the opportunity to anonymously comment on an area of improvement found in the Emplify survey results. The comments that are received from SmartPulse are extremely valuable because they often tell the "why" behind the issues identified in the Emplify survey. This additional context helps to inform and guide an action plan for leaders of your organization. SmartPulse can provide tremendous value to an organization and we have a specific methodology to help unlock this power.
- Choose to send SmartPulse to targeted groups OR your entire organization. We can invite a specific group (except for Generation or Tenure) to comment on a unique weakness for them OR we can ask the entire organization about a single issue.
- Focus on only 1 question per person. The question can be about a Driver or a Psychological Condition, but we do not allow employees to be asked about multiple Drivers or Conditions. Asking about more than one thing dilutes the response quality.
- Follow Emplify's tested methodology. We've developed questions that lead to actionable solutions from employees so we do not allow for custom questions to be added to the SmartPulse. You can review the SmartPulse questions for each Driver and Condition here. These questions ask groups of employees who reported a shared engagement weakness during the last Emplify Survey to solve this specific problem. Their feedback allows leaders to plan and act in real ways.
- Emplify manages sending to employees. We use the same method we used to deliver the survey invitation. SmartPulse participants will receive a unique link to the mobile-friendly comment box.
- Sent within 1 week of results acknowledgement. You and your EES will decide the actual delivery date.
- Available for 4 business days. The SmartPulse open period is intentionally shorter than our survey open period. Experience shows this is the right amount of "pushing" to maximize authentic responses from employees.
- Responses are anonymous. We only invite groups of 5+ employees to comment on a shared issue. Focusing on groups of 5+ prevents it from being apparent which members of that group responded to the question.
- Employee responses are displayed without changes. Emplify does not obscure or change the wording or punctuation in an employee comment because this can affect the intent of what is being communicated.
Response Rate and Reporting
- Average response rate is 50%. This can vary +/-10% depending on your initial survey response rate.
- Results are available about 4 business days after survey close. The results will be reported in the Emplify portal.