The data that is displayed in the Insights Web Portal can be controlled in the upper right corner of the Analyze and Summarize sections. By adjusting the view, you can see results for different group types, focus in on a specific group to only see that data, or combine two group types to gain additional insights.
Change Group Types
Adjusting the view allows you to see the data for the different group types that categorize employees. When you change group types, you can see the data for all the groups within that group type.
In the example, we want to switch from viewing the data for all respondents by Division to viewing the data by Team. This will show the results for all the teams within our organization.
1. The first dropdown box should be set to All Respondents.
2. To navigate to a different group type, click on the second dropdown box and change your group.
We selected Team as the group we want to view.
View Data for a Single Group
The view can be adjusted to show data for a single group. This allows you to focus on the details of that group and is also useful when having conversations about results with a manager of a specific group. This view will only show the results for that group.
In the example, we want to see the results for only the Midwest Production division. The results for the other divisions will not be displayed.
1. Change the All Respondents dropdown to the group type you want to view.
For our example, we selected Division as the group type.
2. In the second dropdown box, select the group that you want to focus on.
We selected Midwest Production as the group.
3. To view a single group, leave the third drop down as is.
This will allow you to view the full data for a single group. In our example, we left this to be "by Division."
Combine Data for Two Group Types
The view can show the data of two groups together. This allows for more context and isolates specific areas of focus for your organization.
In the example, we want to look at the data for the teams within the Midwest Production division. This helps us understand which teams are doing well and which teams are struggling at the Midwest Production division.
1. Change the All Respondents dropdown to the first group type you want to view.
For our example, we are selecting Division as the group type.
2. In the second dropdown, select the group you want to view.
For our example, we want to view the Midwest Production group.
3. The third dropdown allows you to select the second group type to filter the data.
For our example, we are selecting Team as the second group type.