What is Base?
Base is a feature of the Pocket to help edit and create your app in the Mobile App Studio. It uses an existing item to create a template item that you can add content to.
When should I use Base?
Do you need to create lots of items in your app? Do your items share the same properties but very different info from item to item? Base creates "Base Items" or templates that give you a head start on formatting new items.
What does Base do?
Base creates a copy of your original item called a Base Item.
Using Base removes the specific information of each property, giving you a fresh start for adding new info. Base Items do not copy information like addresses, phone number or other specific data entered in the property field.
A Base Item includes:
- Item Layout
- The order of Properties on the item
- Property icons
- Property labels
How do I use Base?
In the content section of the Mobile App Studio, locate the item you'd like to copy.
1. Click Pocket in the left sidebar:
The Pocket is located on the left of your Mobile App Studio, next to the Draggables Panel.
2. Locate the Item you'd like to use as your template item:
Click and drag the item into the Pocket.
3. In the content area, navigate to the container where you'd like to copy your Base Item(s):
Drag the green Base button into the content area. Your new items will now show in the content area. Edit your new items and update any data you'd like to change.
Things to remember:
- New items will have an updated title of "Base Item". This helps you find and edit new Base items.
- You can Base multiple items at once. We recommend creating only one type of Base Items one at a time to avoid confusion.
- Using the Base property does not save data like addresses, phone numbers, or any other specific data. To get an exact replication, use the Duplicate property of the Pocket.