The Pocket can move containers to adjust the app structure.
When should I move a container?
If you need to adjust the structure of your app or move a container to a different root menu section, you can use the pocket to move containers in the Mobile App Studio.
What does Move do?
Using the Move function in the Pocket allows you to relocate containers (and any content within the container). Instead of recreating content, you can move the content to a new location in the app. Moving a container removes it from the original location and places it in a new location to adjust the app structure.
How do I use the Pocket to move a container?
To begin, locate the container you'd like to move in the content area of the Mobile App Studio.
1. Click on the Pocket on the left sidebar:
The Pocket is located on the left of the Mobile App Studio, next to the Draggables Panel.
2. Drag the container you'd like to move into the Pocket:
Click on the blue pencil icon to the right of the container and drag the container to the Pocket. The container will show in the lower section of the Pocket.
3. In the content area, navigate to the section where you'd like to move the container:
Next, drag the green Move button from the Pocket to the content area.
The container will no longer be in the old location and has now been moved to the new location in the app.
Things to remember:
- Be sure to either select the Container's icon or the pencil to the right of the row. Clicking and dragging the white area or the title will not move the Container to the Pocket.
- The Move property of the Pocket changes the location of the original Container. It does not leave a copy behind.
- When moving a container, you are also moving all subcontainers and items inside of it.