There are multiple options available to help you customize the visuals and layout of your app. With the help of Container Images these layout options help customize and enhance your app layout. There are 5 layouts available in the Container settings.
To enter a Container, click the name of the Container, or the white space to the right of the name. To edit the container, click the gray pencil on the far right side of the row.
Single Line Layout:
The single line layout is helpful for concise lists of items or subcontainers. You may list items with or without an Icon showing (use the checkbox to add Icons to the view).
This layout is great for:
- E-bulletin (add an image to the Container to display this at the top)
- More containers
Double Line Text
The double line layout has options for Text or Text with Icon. This allows you to select and icon for each item or container listed. We recommend using icons if your content varies and does not repeat the icon. This layout is helpful if your titles are longer and will wrap multiple lines.
This layout is useful for:
- Long titles
- Icon lists that need more visual spacing
Square Image Layout
The square image layout is great for image based items or containers. If your images need a small image to show a bit of detail, or if your titles need to wrap two lines of text.
Examples for this layout would include:
- Staff Profiles
- Vendor / Contact Directories
- Audio Tours
- E-bulletin with Images (instead of icons)
16 x 9 Layout
This layout is great for images that have a media or widescreen feel. This works well for containers with items or subcontainers such as:
- Video / Podcast / Media Items
- Guided Tours
- Audio Tours
The Panorama layout uses a full-width image to create a stunning visual layout. This layout includes the option to remove the "Label" that appears on top of the titles.
This layout is especially useful for:
- Sermon Series
- Destinations & Tours
- Media Containers with embedded text in the Image
Things to Remember:
- In Single and Double Line layouts, you have the ability to add icons. Use icons to add visuals that do not repeat to add a little extra aesthetic to your Container.
- Choose your layout based on the content in your Container. For example, a directory with headshots would look much better as a Square Image layout than a Panoramic layout.
- Your CSM is a great resource to help decide what layouts will appeal to your audience. Contact your CSM with any questions about layout strategy.