YouTube is a popular video hosting option. You can use videos from your own channel, or other popular videos available on YouTube.
To add a video from YouTube, start by creating an item and use the steps below to add a Youtube property and video link.
1. Locate and select the item you'd like to edit:
Click on the item icon. This will expand the item so you can drag and add new properties. Scroll through the property list on the right. Drag and drop the Youtube draggable onto the item.
2. Add the link:
The Youtube property has two lines. The top line is the title which will be displayed in the app. The second line is for the link to a YouTube video which will be hidden from the app user.
3. Locate the YouTube Video page:
Links that start with www.youtube.com/watch... will include comments and other YouTube info that you will not want to display in the app.
Instead, you'll want to use the embed video link to play only the video in your app.
** Please note that this formatting isn't to be used on Push Notifications/Messages, as the YouTube draggable is not available. Instead you will use the normal weblink and the website draggable.**
Copy the embed link format:
While on the YouTube page, copy and paste this link template: https://www.youtube.com/embed/
Create the embed video link:
Paste this new link template of https://www.youtube.com/embed/ to replace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= in your browser address bar. Make sure to leave in the Video ID. For this example video, the ID is b6hoBp7Hk-A
Original YouTube page link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hoBp7Hk-A
New direct video link: https://www.youtube.com/embed/b6hoBp7Hk-A
Play and test the new video link:
Make sure to test the new direct video link in your browser to make sure it works. You should be able to resize your browser window and see only the Video playing on the screen (no comments or playlists from YouTube).
4. Paste the new video link:
After testing the video link, paste this into the Video URL field.
Things to remember:
- You can use videos from your own channel, or other popular videos available on YouTube. Use caution when using sponsored videos, however. Some sponsored videos will not allow for their url to be formatted.
- Reformat the original YouTube link to the new direct video link. This will make it so that comments and ads do not appear within the app.
- Test the new direct video link in a new browser window before adding it to your app.