Who is Emplify?
Emplify conducts employee engagement surveys for organizations to better understand how employees feel about their work experience. The survey process starts with a 6-minute survey to understand the level of engagement at your organization and in your teams. The survey also identifies areas that are engagement strengths and weaknesses. We present the survey data in our Insights Portal to authorized company leaders.
What is employee engagement?
How does Emplify measure employee engagement?
- Emplify Score - The Emplify Score is a metric that assesses how engaged employees are and is formed from a specific set of questions (we call them "items") on the Emplify survey. We calculate each employee's Emplify Score and determine its percentile. The combined results of employee's Emplify Scores are reflected in your team's and the organization's Emplify Scores. The percentile these scores fall in determines the engagement level:
- Highly Disengaged (0-5th percentile)
- Disengaged (6th-25th percentile)
- Moderately Engaged (26th-75th percentile)
- Highly Engaged (76th-95th percentile)
- Extremely Engaged (96th-100th percentile)
- Psychological Conditions - The psychological conditions of meaning, safety, and capacity create an environment where employees are more likely to engage with their work. In the survey, employees report how much they agree or disagree with survey items related to each psychological condition. The average of employees' responses to the items for each psychological condition are then compared to the indexed average from the Emplify database.
- High condition scores (+1 to +3) are displayed in blue and show that employees feel meaning, safety, and capacity.
- Low condition scores (-1 to -3) are displayed in orange/red and show that employees do not feel these psychological conditions in their work environment.
- Engagement Drivers - The 14 engagement drivers are the factors that employee engagement research identifies as the influencers of engagement. While psychological conditions describe employees' feelings, engagement drivers are tangible workplace qualities that employees observe. In the survey, employees report how much they agree or disagree with survey items related to each engagement driver. The average of employees' responses to the items for each engagement driver are then compared to the indexed average from the Emplify database.
- High driver scores (+1 to +3) are displayed in blue and show that those drivers are strong in the work environment.
- Low driver scores (-1 to -3) are displayed in red/orange and show that those drivers could be better supported.
While the Emplify system does know who each employee is, we do not share individual responses with anyone in the customer organization. Furthermore, results are presented in aggregate by group with no fewer than five employees in any group so individual results cannot be identified or guessed. For example, if the “Midwest Office” has six employees in it, but only four answered the survey, we will not show results for this office. However, if these individuals are part of the “Sales” function with many other colleagues across the company, their results will be reported as part of the broader “Sales” grouping.
As you review your team's results and your organization reviews results for the entire company, areas of engagement strength and weakness will be identified. To understand the "why" behind these weaknesses, we encourage each organization to use SmartPulse. SmartPulse is an opportunity to ask groups of employees to anonymously comment on these areas of improvement to gain additional context. Based on the results from SmartPulse and the survey, your organization will choose some areas of focus and create an action plan. Emplify will then typically send the survey each quarter to continue to measure the engagement level.