Employee data may need to be changed when a survey is in-flight and open to employees. We offer a one time data update during the survey open period. The one time data update provides time to gather the accurate data updates, but also gives employees who were impacted by data changes an opportunity to still participate in the survey. If you do need a one-time data update, make sure to request this no later than 12 pm (ET) on day three of your survey. This allows the changes to be ready for the survey reminder on day four and the final notice on day five of the survey. To make sure this data gets correctly updated, follow these steps:
1. Gather all data changes from employees and managers.
Wait until day two or three of your survey to send in data changes as it can take time to receive all the change requests from employees. Typically, employees or their managers will notify you of incorrect data or employees that were not included in the survey. Waiting allows time for these requests to be received. You can then compile all the changes that should be included in the one time update.
2. Add data changes to the Emplify Employee List.
Your CSM will send you a copy of your Emplify Employee List, our standard CSV file format, which has all employees and contact information we have in our system. Make updates directly to this spreadsheet and send it back to us when you are ready for the one time update of employee contact information:
- Changes to Existing Employees - Edit their existing data in the Emplify Employee List. You can modify their email, phone, or employee groups. In the “employment_status” column (Column K), mark the status as "updated" to signify that this employee record has been modified.
- Removing Employees - For employees that need to be removed from the survey list, mark them as "exit" in the “employment_status” column (Column K).
- Adding New Employees - List employees that need to be added to the survey to the bottom of the Emplify Employee List. Provide their contact information and the groupings they should be included in for the survey report. Make sure the added group names exactly match your existing group names so employees are added to the correct groups. In the “employment_status” column (Column K), mark the employee status as "new" to signify that this employee record has been added.
Note: Adding employees is only recommended for existing employees that were inadvertently not included in the employee list. If a new employee is hired during the survey, we recommend waiting until the next survey to include them. It is best for employees to take the survey after their first six weeks so they have context to answer about their work experience when participating in the survey.
3. Send survey changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you are ready for the one time data update, email your Emplify Employee List CSV file with the modified employee data to our support team. For files received before 12 pm (ET), the changes will be in place for the survey reminder on the next business day. If the file is received after 12 pm (ET), the changes will be ready for the survey reminder in two business days.